Saturday, September 13, 2003

Mt. Harvard


Near the summit, looking back towards trail head. Posted by Hello

I Intended to spend the night near the trailhead in my tent. However, I realized about half-way to BV that I had left my sleeping bag at home. Ended up spending $70 for a hotel. Left the hotel before 5 a.m. Made good time on the trail, the first couple of miles in the dark. Ended up slowing up just before dawn due to concern over bears (never saw or heard but keep thinking "what if?). The actual summit was more difficult than I expected due to trail ending and having to scramble. Didn't see anyone until just before reaching the top. The only bit of drama was dropping my water bottle (Nalgene) between some rocks. Tried to reach for it but had visions of Aron Ralston so I decided to forgo. I had originally planned on going for Columbia but thought better because of lack of water and clouds.


Llamas I encountered coming down Harvard Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home